Set the USB WiFi adapter outdoors or on a window, where it can receive and transmit WiFi signals much better. You can gain direct line-of-site to your target wireless access point through better placement of the USB adapter and its antenna, using USB extension cables.
These mounts & enclosures are compatible with all the Alfa USB WiFi adapters, including AWUS036H, AWUS036NH, AWUS052NH
- Suction-cup mount for window or monitor: $2.99 Position your USB adapter optimally
- Clip-mount to clip on back of laptop: $2.49
- Outdoor waterproof enclosure & mount: $9.99 Combine w/ 16ft USB cable & 9dBi antenna: $28.99
- Use longer USB cables to bring the USB WiFi adapter closer to the antenna: As close as possible.
- Extend up to 25 meters (80 ft) of cable, with minimal signal loss: Only 2% loss per 5-meters
- If the USB WiFi adapter must be positioned outdoors: Use Outdoor Enclosure or Window Mount for Alfa USB wifi adapters
- If you use an antenna cable (coax-type), keep it as short as possible, or connect the antenna directly to the USB WiFi adapter if possible