ALL ANTENNA CABLES in our site/store have cable-type equivalent to LMR100A or higher, in quality and signal-loss per meter.
Our cables of 2-meters to 9-meters are made from cable-type equivalent to LMR200 in quality and signal-loss per meter. Longer cables made from cable-type equivalent to LMR400 The higher quality of the cable of our cables translates into lower signal loss & better performance.
It is best to have the shortest cable that will serve your needs, since some signal strength is lost in the antenna cable.
Signal loss per meter:
- LMR100A cable: 1.28dBi of loss/meter
- LMR200 cable: 0.54dBi of loss/meter
RP-SMA connectors’ GENDER IS COUNTERINTUITIVE in two ways:
- The gender is referring to the pins inside–not the threads.
- Connectors with “RP” in the name are further complicated by the “reverse polarization” (RP):
- The pins are female when they appear to be male, and vice versa.
- If documentation refers to the connector as “reverse ____”: This is the same as RP-____ (e.g, “reverse SMA” = RP-SMA)
- RP-SMA-female has a pin
- RP-SMA-male has a socket
- SMA-female has a socket
- SMA-male has a pin
Details about Reverse Polarity (RP) / Reverse Gender Connectors And Adapters
- Reverse Polarity/Reverse Gender connectors satisfy FCC Regulation 15 by switching dielectrics and pins/contacts between genders.
- For example, a Reverse Gender Male consists of a male body, however, the dielectric and contact are female.
- Basically, an RP female will look like a standard male, and an RP male will look like a standard female. Reverse Polarity connectors and adapters will not mate with standard coaxial connectors. To attempt to do so will damage the connector.
- All of our cables with RP-SMA female have a bulkhead (nut and washer). They will will pass through an exterior wall covered in sheet metal and will seal out weather and survive extreme temperatures.